- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 web page.
- Click this link for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch daily news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
4PM WEDNESDAY, FEB. 3
3,314 New Cases, 69 Deaths; 1,094,135 Doses Administered; State Redirects 97,000 Doses
The state of Illinois set a single-day record of 65,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses administered and announced it will redirect 97,000 doses in an effort to get more people vaccinated in Phase 1B, but health officials say there is simply not enough vaccine to meet demand at this time.
Meanwhile, the spread and impacts of the disease are tragic but data shows fewer people are testing positive than in recent weeks.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 3,314 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 69 additional deaths.
Here is a breakdown by county and demographics:
- Adams County: 1 female 70sBoone County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 80s
- Bureau County: 1male 70s
- Champaign County: 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- Cook County: 1 male 20s, 1 female 30s, 1 male 50s, 3 females 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 6 males 70s, 4 females 80s, 3 males 80s, 2 females 90s, 2 males 90s, 1 female 100+
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- Effingham County: 1 male 80s
- Henry County: 1 male 70s
- Jefferson County: 1 male 70s
- Kane County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 50s
- Kankakee County: 2 females 70s
- Knox County: 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 40s, 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 female 90s
- McHenry County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 90s
- Monroe County: 1 female 70s
- Montgomery County: 1 female 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- Peoria County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s
- Vermillion County: 1 male 90s
- Will County: 2 males 80s, 1 male 90s
- Winnebago County:1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,134,231 cases, including 19,375 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 96,894 specimens for a total 16,258,348. As of last night, 2,469 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 520 patients were in the ICU and 270 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2021 is 3.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2021 is 4.5%.
A total of 1,583,425 doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 496,100 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 2,079,525.
A total of 1,094,135 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 175,900 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 45,787 doses. Yesterday, a total of 65,166 doses were administered.
If all the mitigation metrics continue to improve, Region 4 will move into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021.