- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 web page.
- Click this link for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
4PM SUNDAY, FEB. 28
3,029 New Cases, 56 Deaths Over Weekend; 2.7 Million Vaccine Doses
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 3,029 new cases and 56 additional deaths related to the coronavirus over the weekend.
The statewide totals to date are 1,186,696 case and 20,516 deaths since the pandemic began.
The Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) dropped to 3.5%.
To date, there have been 2,795,934 vaccine doses administered statewide.
1:40PM FRIDAY, FEB. 26
2,441 New Cases, 55 Deaths; Record-Breaking 102,000 Vaccine Doses in 1 Day
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,441 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 55 additional deaths.
The deaths and demographics by county are as follows:
- Champaign County: 1 male 90s
- Christian County: 1 male 70s
- Coles County: 1 female 80s
- Cook County: 2 females 40s, 3 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 2 females 60s, 4 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 3 males 70s, 1 female
- 80s, 4 males 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- Crawford County: 1 male 70s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s
- Grundy County: 1 male 70s
- Kane County: 1 male 80s
- Kendall County: 1 female 90s
- Lake County: 1 male 70s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 70s
- Livingston County: 1 male 70s
- Massac County: 1 female 80s
- McHenry County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 80s
- McLean County: 1 male 60s
- Mercer County: 1 female 80s
- Peoria County: 2 females 90s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Vermilion County: 1 male 50s
- Warren County: 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 90s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,183,667 cases, including 20,460 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 92,256 specimens for a total of 17,988,085. As of last night, 1,393 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 336 patients were in the ICU and 174 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Feb. 19-25 is 2.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Feb.19-25 is 2.7%.
The Kane-DuPage Region 8 test positivity rate for the same period is down to 3.7%.
A total of doses of 2,726,745 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 444,500 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 3,171,245.
A total of 2,543,620 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 307,382 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 68,988 doses.
Yesterday, 102,670 doses were administered in Illinois, marking the second highest reported amount of vaccines administered to date.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
Mass Vaccination Center To Open March 10 at United Center
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- CLICK THIS LINK