- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 web page.
- Click this link for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch daily news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
430PM TUESDAY, FEB. 9
2,082 New Cases, 20 Deaths; Single-Day Vaccinations Way Up From a Week Ago
The numbers of new coronavirus cases and deaths continue to drop statewide as the number of vaccinations continues to grow.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,082 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 20 additional deaths.
- Clinton County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s
- Edwards County; 1 male 70s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Madison County: 1 male 80s
- McDonough County: 1 male 80s
- McHenry County: 2 males 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 80s
- Monroe County: 1 male 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 70s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 90s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,150,170 cases, including 19,686 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 55,705 specimens for a total of 16,739,500. As of last night, 2,117 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 497 patients were in the ICU and 240 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Feb. 2-8 is 3.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Feb.2-8 is 4.0%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) dropped to 4.9%
A total of 1,638,125 doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 496,100 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities.
This brings the total Illinois doses to 2,134,225. A total of 1,417,156 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 216,522 for long-term care facilities.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 55,455 doses. Yesterday, 58,189 doses were administered, a significant increase compared to a week ago Monday, Feb. 1, when 32,559 vaccines were administered.
For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us