Recycling Right Redux! Jennifer Jarland’s FREE Online ‘Recycling Made Easy’ Event Rescheduled For Jan. 13!
Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland’s free webinar on recycling right is being “recycled” this week, after being cancelled on Jan. 6 due to the civil unrest that took place at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
Organizers of the online recycling seminar and discussion decided to pull the plug last week for several reasons, including the simple fact that so many people were glued to the television or Internet.
The webinar is now rescheduled for 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13, but it’s important to register now, even if you registered last week. Once you register online, you’ll receive an email containing information about joining the meeting.
Particpants will have a chance talk directly with Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland and ask her burning questions about recycling and the environment.
Jarland says she will be offering “salient advice on rethinking our waste and recycling right!”
Among the topics are:
- Rethinking waste and resources. “Recycling is not the answer to our waste problem,” Jarland said. “Our thoughts and actions will make all the difference.”
- How to recycle – made easy. During the webinar, you’ll get the lowdown on what you should be recycling at home and at work. Jarland will cover what can and cannot go in your curbside recycling cart. She will also share top recycling tips that answer the most commonly asked questions.
- How to recycle more. You’ll learn about where you can recycle other items, beyond what you can put in your curbside cart, at drop-off locations throughout Kane County, such as Styrofoam, electronics, books, hazardous waste, batteries, paint, and more.
- Kane County Recycles 2021 Event Schedule. The hot-off-the-press 2021 schedule of Recycling Events will be released at this meeting, including three free confidential document shredding dates throughout the year.
- Answers to your burning questions. During the program, there will be plenty of time for you to have your own questions answered and for you to chat with Jarland about your efforts and successes in waste minimization!
This session will include a 30-minute slide presentation with time for questions and answers.
- When: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021
- Where: Online Zoom meeting. (So, the comfort of your home or office.)
- RSVP: Please register HERE in advance. An email containing information about joining the meeting will be sent to you prior to the meeting. Please register before end of day Tuesday, Jan. 5.
- Questions: 630-208-3841
Jennifer Jarland has been the Recycling Program Coordinator for Kane County since 2011.
Her work includes managing the electronics recycling sites, conducting recycling collection events, household hazardous waste program management, and public outreach.
While managing, improving, and expanding recycling programs for Kane County, she also works with fellow Illinois county and agency colleagues on broader state issues. She is an active member of the Illinois Task Force for Reducing Recycling Contamination and the Illinois Sustainable Materials Management Advisory Committee.
She presently serves as the chairman of the Board of the Illinois Food Scrap Coalition and as secretary on the Board of the Illinois Counties Solid Waste Management Association.
A student of life, Jarland enjoys all things connected to people and our planet — live music and poetry, making art out of found objects, bicyling, hiking trails, sailing, travelling the world when possible, exploring the Chicago urban jungle with friends, and growing food and composting in her Chicago home garden.