Kane County park districts are weighing options for continuation of services during Tier 3 guidelines that go into effect Friday.
State officials announced Tuesday that new guidelines will affect “Health and Fitness Centers” and “Indoor Recreation.”
Among the mitigations for fitness centers are:
- 25% capacity limit.
- No indoor group classes.
- Face coverings must be worn, including while exercising.
- Reservations required.
- Locker rooms closed.
Mitigations for indoor recreation include:
- Gaming and casinos close.
- Indoor recreation centers, including theaters, performing arts centers and indoor museums and amusement centers close.
- Outdoor activities allowed at 25% capacity.
- Outdoor group activities limited to 10 people; face masks required.
- Reservations required for each guest for outdoor activities.
In Tier 3, Illinois residents are urged to stay home as much as possible and celebrate upcoming holidays with members of their household. Illinoisans over the age of 2 are required to wear a face covering when out in public and social distancing is not easily achievable.
A few Park District have said they would make announcements by today or Thursday.
This from the Geneva Park District website:
“Tier 3 Mitigations were announced. The Geneva Park District remains committed to following state guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
“We will be sharing information by Thursday, Nov. 19, regarding the impact of these new mitigation measures on our programs and facilities. Please click here for updates, this page will be updated as information becomes available or changes. Thank you for your patience.”
Tim Wagner of the Fox Valley Park District e-mailed that officials are “sorting through what can/can’t continue to happen as we e-speak.”
“There are gray areas, so we’re looking to clarify the many ‘use cases’ in our facilities and expect to have an announcement later today,” he said.
The best advice at this time is to check with your local Park District website for the latest updates. Below are links to the Park District websites, as posted on the Kane County government website.
- Aurora Parks & Recreation
- Barrington Countryside Park District
- Batavia Park District
- Big Rock Park District
- Dundee Township Park District
- Elgin Parks & Recreation
- Fox Valley Park District
- Geneva Park District
- Hampshire Park District
- Hoffman Estates Park District
- Huntley Park District
- Oswegoland Park District
- St. Charles Park District
- South Elgin Parks & Recreation
- Sugar Grove Park District
- Sycamore Park District
- Village of Bartlett Park District