Effective Monday, Nov. 16, the Fox River Valley Libraries started offering exclusively contactless service until further notice. Dundee Library curbside pickup and home delivery are available.
Both the Dundee Library and the Randall Oaks Library are closed to the public.
Contactless Curbside Pickup Hours at the Dundee Library are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. For curbside pickup, patrons should pull up to the Dundee Library entrance and call 847-428-3661.
- WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR HOMETOWN LIBRARY IS DOING DURING THE COVID-19 SURGE? CLICK HERE FOR LINKS TO ALL KANE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICTS!
With Contactless Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery service, patrons can:
- Check out books, audiobooks, DVDs, videogames, kits, laptops, hotspots, and virtual program materials. At this time, materials are still available from consortium libraries. Most materials will be checked out for six weeks.
- Patrons do not have to have items placed on hold to pick them up at the Dundee Library. If a patron has a specific title, library staff will be happy to pull that item from the shelf and check it out.
- Printing service is available. Items to be printed should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Up to 20 pages can be printed free of charge.
- Materials can be returned to the book drop at the Dundee Library, Randall Oaks Library, and Gilberts Village Hall.
- Free Cold Supper for kids 18 and under can be now be picked up from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Dundee Library.
At this time, the following services are not available: public computers, license plate renewal, donations of books, DVDs, notary service, faxing service, One on One Tech Appointments in person (these are being held via Zoom or phone) , in-person programs, classes, and storytimes (there are virtual programs for all ages), digital conversion equipment, scanning, and 3D printing.
For more information, visit the library’s website at www.frvpld.info or call the library at (847) 428-3661. Questions about holds or an account can be emailed to email@example.com; questions about library service or materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; and questions about youth services can be emailed to email@example.com.
The Fox River Valley Public Library District serves 70,000 residents of Carpentersville, East Dundee, West Dundee, Sleepy Hollow, Gilberts, and parts of Algonquin, Elgin, and Barrington Hills.
SOURCE: Fox River Valley Library District news release