- This article is part of a series sharing Nov. 3 General Election information as posted on the Kane County Clerk’s Office website. Kane County Connects encourages citizens to take part in the election process and to use the resources of the Clerk’s Office to make informed voting decisions. If you see any errors or omissions in this text, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAST UPDATED OCT. 27, 2020
Of all the decisions a voter has to make, sometimes the most difficult are the contests involving judicial candidates. That’s one reason to start looking at sample ballots, so you can do your homework and make and informed decision.
In November, Kane County voters will have one contested judicial race to consider in the 2020 General Election.
There are two candidates in the race for judge in the 16th Judicial Circuit Court, in which Democratic candidate Brittany Michelle Pedersen faces Republican candidate Elizabeth Flood.
There is an uncontested race for judge of the 16th District 3rd Subcircuit. Republican Robert K. Villa is unopposed.
Voters can, of course, write in candidates. Click this link to learn more about the write-in process.
There are also several questions about whether to retain judges in their present seats. Your choices on the ballot are “yes” or “no.”
The following is a list of judicial candidates whose names will appear on ballots in Kane County for the Nov. 3, 2020, General Election, as posted on the Kane County Clerk’s Office website.
FOR JUDGE OF THE CIRCUIT COURT 16th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
(Vote for ONE)
- Brittany Michelle Pedersen (DEM)
- Elizabeth Flood (REP)
FOR JUDGE OF THE CIRCUIT COURT 16th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT 3rd SUBCIRCUIT
(Vote for ONE)
- No Candidate (DEM)
- Robert K. Villa (REP)
- Who’s on The Ballot? Candidates For President, U.S. Senate, Congress
- Who’s on The Ballot? State Candidates Listed For Nov. 3 General Election
- Who’s on The Ballot? Kane County Races Include Board Chairman, State’s Attorney
- Who’s on The Ballot? 1 Contested Judicial Race in Nov. 3 Election
- 4 Referendums on Nov. 3 Ballots in Kane County
- Personalized Sample Ballots Now Available on Kane County Clerk’s Office Website