Kane County’s next Recycling Event is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020 — and this event includes cans of latex paint and spray-paint cans.
The event takes place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 10, at the Kane County Branch Court parking lot, 540 S. Randall Road, St. Charles.
“This will be the last event of the year to recycle paint cans and spray cans — so it’s a great chance to clear out the garage for winter!” said Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland.
In the safe delivery of services plan reviewed and revised by the Kane County Health Department and reviewed by state’s Attorney’s Office, steps are outlined that minimize contact during recycling events.
Staff wear and renew fresh masks and gloves, and regularly sanitize their hands and the tablet computer they use for transactions. Residents are asked to follow the below safety protocol in order to utilize the drop-off locations and the events.
Please click and review the Rules of Use before you arrive.
Everything on the lists above can be recycled for no charge at the Oct. 10 recycling event, with the following exceptions:
- TVs and Monitors — $25 or $35, depending on the size of the screen. You can pay online and bring printed receipt or pay onsite with exact cash or card. All other electronics are free to drop off.
- Latex Paint — cans $3 per gallon, spray cans $1 each. See this link for more information. Payment can be made by card or cash, but the cash payment must be exact.
Kane County Recycling Centers
Kane County’s Recycling Centers are open on weekdays for dropping off electronics and clothing to be recycled. No books can be recycled at the centers, only at events listed above.
Recycling Center Rules of Use include staying in your vehicle with windows up and paying online. Please review and follow these rules.
- 517 E. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.
- 900 Angle tarn, West Dundee
- 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.
SOURCE: Kane County Recycles news release