Trick-or-treating will be allowed this year in the village of East Dundee.
According to a news release from the office of Village President Lael Miller, the village’s official trick-or-treating hours will be 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020.
“We have faced so many uncertainties this year due to COVID-19, and the village has been complying with all federal, state and county guidelines,” Miller said. “If the state or county issues any guidance or restrictions for Halloween trick-or-treating, the village will continue to comply and communicate their messages.”
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention placed traditional trick-or-treating in a high-risk category.
The village believes trick-or-treating can be a safe activity for everyone with the following new recommendations in place:
- Do not participate in trick-or-treat activities if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Residences who feel comfortable participating should leave front porch lights on and trick-or-treaters should avoid all residences with no front porch lights on.
- If you want to participate and do not feel comfortable handing candy out, please leave front porch lights on while keeping candy out front in a well-lit area.
- Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others.
- Wear a mask when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Wait for all trick-or-treaters to clear the pathway before proceeding to a residence.
SOURCE: news release from the office of East Dundee Village President Lael Miller