The Batavia Chamber of Commerce and the Central Kane County chapter of the League of Women Voters will hold what they are calling a “semi virtual” forum today (Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020) and tomorrow for candidates seeking Kane County elected office.
Candidates will include those seeking office for County Board districts 10, 12, 14 and 18, plus candidates seeking office for Kane County recorder, state’s attorney, circuit clerk and County Board chairman. The 7 p.m. Thursday forum will be for candidates running for 16th Circui Court judge.
Due to the pandemic, the format will be a little different, with candidates meeting in person at Batavia City Hall while the forum is live streamed on BATV YouTube Channel BATV1017.
According to the Kane County Clerk’s Office candidates list, the County Board candidates are:
- Kane County Board District 10: Democrat Mary Kay Crantz and Republican David J. Brown.
- Kane County Board District 12: Democrat Ruth Kuzmanic and Republican Kenneth C. Shepro in District 12.
- Kane County Board District 14: Democrat William K. Bachman and Republican Mark Davoust in District 14.
- Kane County Board District 18: Democrat Sandy Kaczmarski and Republican Andrew E. “Drew” Frasz in District 18.
Candidates for elected countywide offices are:
COUNTY BOARD CHAIRMAN
- Corinne M. Pierog (DEM)
- David J. Rickert (REP)
COUNTY CIRCUIT CLERK
- Theresa Barreiro (DEM)
- Thomas M. (“Tom”) Hartwell (REP)
- Penny Wegman (DEM)
- Terry Hunt (REP)
- Brenda Rodgers (DEM)
- Sandy Wegman (REP)
COUNTY STATES ATTORNEY
- Jamie Mosser (DEM)
- Robert “Bob” Spence (REP)
Candidates in the contested race for 16th Circuit Court judge are:
- Brittany Michelle Pedersen (DEM)
- Elizabeth Flood (Republican)
- UPDATE: Who’s On The Ballot? Candidates For U.S. President, Senate, Congress
- UPDATE: Who’s on The Ballot? State Candidates Listed For Nov. 3 General Election
- Who’s on The Ballot? Kane County Races Include Board Chairman, State’s Attorney
- Who’s on The Ballot? 1 Contested Judicial Race in Nov. 3 Election