The U.S. Department of Treasury allocated $92,900,218 of Coronavirus Relief Funds to Kane County under the CARES Act to help alleviate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in our communities.
To help distribute these funds, the Kane County Board has established the CARES Act Allocation Committee under the direction of Kane County State’s Attorney Joseph H. McMahon and in collaboration with the Office of Community Reinvestment.
Kerber, Eck & Braeckel, LLP will provide fiscal management of these funds for Kane County.
This initiative for economic recovery established guidelines and strategic priorities for the disbursement of funds to move federal funding to communities, non-profits and businesses in need of direct financial relief.
The application process is currently open to municipalities, fire protection districts, townships, park districts and the Forest Preserve District of Kane County. Small businesses and non-profit organizations will be able to apply in the coming weeks.
How to Apply
You must complete an online application with supporting documentation.
- An online Application for Coronavirus Relief Funds. PDF Version
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Project Budget and Narrative for eligible costs already incurred between March 1, 2020, and Aug. 31, 2020. Excel Document
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Project Budget and Narrative for eligible costs anticipated between Sept. 1, 2020, and Dec. 30, 2020.Excel Document
- Supporting documentation of the municipality’s most recently approved total budget as of March 27, 2020, and any subsequently approved total budget or modifications for expenses through Dec. 30, 2020.
- Copy of your most recent annual financial statement as audited by a registered CPA.
Once your completed application and supporting documentation has been submitted, and will be reviewed for eligibility. If additional information or documentation is needed, your designated contact will receive an email with this request.
Your organization will be notified via email if your application is approved or denied.
Direct any questions regarding the Kane County Coronavirus Relief Fund to: CRF@co.kane.il.us. Please allow for three business days for a reply.
SOURCE: Kane County government home page