The 2020 assessment changes for property in Kaneville and Virgil townships are being published Wednesday, July 23, in the Elburn Herald.
After all revisions and corrections by the Kaneville Township Assessor were applied, each non-farm property in Kaneville Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0416.
After all revisions and corrections by the Virgil Township assessor were applied, each non-farm property in Virgil Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0419.
To find out how the equalization factor affects your property taxes, click this link to the Supervisor of Assessments website.
Kane County taxpayers can obtain assessment information about a property in any Kane County township. All you need to do is contact your local township assessor’s office directly or visit the township assessor’s website.
Click this link for a list of Kane County township assessors and their contact information, as posted on the Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Office website.
Kane County Assessment Changes Published To Date
If you think your property was assessed at too high a rate, you can file a complaint to the board of review — but there’s a window of time for you to do that.
Because assessment changes in Kaneville and Virgil townships will be published July; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 24, 2020.
- Assessment changes in Rutland Township were published July 22; the final filing deadline for Rutland Township is Aug. 21, 2020.
- Assessment changes in Geneva Township were published July 16; the final filing deadline for this township is Aug. 17, 2020.
- Assessment changes in Dundee Township were published July 8; the final filing deadline for Dundee Township is Aug. 7, 2020.
- Assessment changes in Elgin Township were published July 1; the final filing deadline for this township is July 31, 2020.
- Assessment changes in Plato Township were published June 29; the final filing deadline for Plato Township is July 29, 2020.
- Assessment changes in Blackberry Township were published June 25; the final filing deadline for this township is July 27, 2020.
- Assessment changes in Hampshire Township were published June 23; the final filing deadline for Hampshire Township is July 23, 2020.
The final filing deadlines for Batavia, Big Rock, Campton, and Sugar Grove Townships have passed; by state law, the Board of Review can no longer accept assessment complaints for property in these townships.
Township Assessment Changes That Have Yet To Be Published
Assessment changes for Aurora, Burlington, and St. Charles Townships have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these townships.
Want Help Filing an Assessment Complaint?
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
- Click on this link to see those videos, as well as links to PDF’s of slide presentations with “how to” instructions.
For additional information about property assessments, visit the Kane County Assessment Office website or call 630-208-3818 during regular business hours.
SOURCE: Kane County Supervisor of Assessments news release
Property Tax Quick Links
Sign Up To KCC E-Newsletter