The Batavia Park District sent an e-mail newsletter Tuesday (June 9, 2020) announcing the reopening of facilities, summer camp updates, outdoor classes and kayak rentals.
As park districts throughout Kane County phase-in classes, programs and services, Kane County Connects will share as many news releases as possible.
But if you’d like to get a head start, scroll to the bottom of this page, where you’ll find links to every park district in Kane County, as shown on this “communities” page of the Kane County website.
Just click the link to your town’s park district to find the latest updates on programming during Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan.
Batavia Park District Facilities
The front office at the Civic Center is scheduled to reopen to the public on Monday, June 22.
Registration can take place in-person from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Civic Center.
The Eastside Community Center will be temporarily closed this summer due to construction.
Online registration is always available: Click here to register.
Prior to June 22, residents can contact a customer service adviser by calling 630-879-5235 and leave a message.
Upon returning to Batavia Park District facilities, participants can expect:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the facilities.
- Social distancing signage and floor markings will be posted.
- Protective shield will be installed at the front registration desk.
- Cashless transactions are encouraged.
- Enhancing cleaning procedures will take place before, during, and after programs.
- Staff will be informed on good hygiene practices, wear face masks when necessary, and practice social distancing.
- Class sizes will be reduced, and virtual classes will continue to be offered.
- Programs will take place outdoors when possible.
Batavia Summer Camp Update
Following the Restore Illinois guidelines, traditional day camps this summer are not possible. Therefore, Kamp Kaleidoscope will be reimagined to Local Explorers.
- Local Explorers will focus on outdoor activities where social distancing can be followed.
- Camp group sizes will be small, so keep in mind registration will be limited.
- Campers will visit local parks but will avoid field trips with large gatherings.
- Increased sanitation practices will be implemented, and face coverings will be required when social distancing cannot be practiced. Please bring your own face covering.
- Tentative start date is Monday, July 6. Camp runs from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with optional extended hours from 3:30-5:30 pm at Peg Bond Center.
- From June 8 to July 3, an At-Home Adventure kit can be purchased to keep the kids engaged while camp is not in session. Batavia Park District residents can sign-up here.
Outdoor And Zoom Fitness Classes
Many fitness participants have participated in our free, virtual fitness classes over the past few weeks. During Phase 3, the Park District officers outdoor fitness classes, along with paid virtual options.
- Outdoor and paid, virtual fitness classes will begin the week of June 15.
- Registration for outdoor classes is limited, and social distancing will need to be adhered to.
- Face masks are not required.
- Participants will bring their own equipment, water bottle, towel, sunscreen, and hand sanitizer.
New in 2020, kayak rentals are offered at the Batavia Riverwalk, near Peg Bond Center. Kayak rentals replace the paddleboat rentals that were offered in years prior. Participants must be 16 years of age or older with a state issued ID to operate the kayaks.
- Kayak rentals will open Saturday, June 20.
- Kayak rental hours are 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday; noon to 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday; and 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Cost is $10 for one person kayak (credit card only)
- Each kayak will be sanitized after each use.
For more information, or to view the COVID-19 updates, visit the website at bataviaparks.org.
Park Districts That Serve Kane County Residents