“In nine lifetimes, you’ll never know as much about your cat as your cat knows about you.”
– Michel de Montaigne, French philosopher (1533-1592)
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
Her face could very well have been a work of art painted by Picasso.
With her large green eyes amidst a brown face held slightly askew, the tufts of tan fur around her forehead flare out, looking as though drops of paint accidentally splattered onto her face.
You can’t miss the small, tan-color line that divides her feline expression down to her pinkish nose where flexes of white and tan sit patiently around her mouth. If one didn’t know better, one might assume that she had just rubbed her face in a painter’s palette.
Her name is Truffle, a 7-month-old tortoiseshell, Domestic Shorthair. She came in to KCAC along with her sister Rose, a 7-month-old calico.
Truffle is a little more outgoing than her sister Rose, although the two of them play together in that sibling rough and tumble way that brings smiles to even the most hardened of hearts.
Truffle is definitely an attention-getting queen, looking for anyone to give her the petting, scratching and brushing sessions she craves.
Kitten all the way through and through, Truffle is very playful and definitely enjoys exploring her surroundings, playing hide and seek and climbing to the tallest level of the cat perch in the cat room.
If you’re looking for a kitten that will fill your days with kittenish exploits and your nights with sweetness, then Truffle might be the kitten you’re looking for.
Congratulations to Bub, the little 5-year-old Chihuahua found as a stray in Montgomery. Little Bub stole everyone’s heart at KCAC with his even disposition and fun-loving attitude despite his previous hardships.
He finally found his forever family and is happily ensconced on his new mama’s couch, getting so spoiled he will soon forget his long days at KCAC.
When Bub met his new mama it was love at first sight. It didn’t take long before he was in her arms, giving her small licks to the chin.
With nary a backward glance, Bub then walked out the door of KCAC and jumped into his new mother’s car to begin his new life. We’re so proud of you, Bub!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- POW! Take Home Playful Sarabi, Simba’s Mother in ‘The Lion King’
- POW! Piper The Greyhound Mix Is One Never-Ending Tail Wag
- POW! Take Home The ‘Sweetest, Nicest, Littlest’ 10 Pounds of Bub For The Holidays
- POW! On Christmas Eve, Beautiful Rosa Waits Patiently For Her Forever Family
- POW! Bonnie Is The Perfect Kitty To Bring Home For The New Year
- POW! Let Loving, Cuddly Hendricks Give You a Playful Little Head Butt
- POW! Like Cat Naps? Nika Is The Feline For YOU!
- POW! Short, Sweet Earl Is Back On The Market!
- POW! Holy Adorable, Batman! Meet Robin, The Dog Wonder
- POW! Look Closely at Tank, And You’ll See His Sweet Heart
- POW! Rose Is All Kitten — And She’s So Cute!
Sign Up To KCC E-Newsletter