- Editor’s Note: This article is part of a series of recycling Q&A tips from Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland. Got a question or idea for a recycling tip? Contact Jarland at 630-208-3841 or email@example.com.
Q: Should I recycle my old microwave or just trash it?
A: You should recycle it!
Recycling is, of course, the best option.
You can recycle microwave ovens, for free, at one of the Kane County electronics recycling centers.
Here’s a link to the website: https://www.countyofkane.org/Recycling/Pages/electronics.aspx
You can also take it to almost any metal scrap yard for free recycling.
Thanks for checking! Let me know if you have any other recycling questions!
Read More Recycling Q&A Stories
- Recycling Q&A: What Should I Do With K-Cups?
- Recycling Q&A: Can I Recycle Milk, Juice And Soup Cartons? (Yes!)
- Recycling Q&A: How About Recycling Spray Or Pump Tops?
- Recycling Q&A: Can I Put Hangers In My Recycling Bin?
- Recycling Q&A: Can I Recycle Boxes For Frozen Foods? (Sadly, No!)
- Recycling Q&A: Caps on Containers? Household Batteries On The Curb?
- Recycling Q&A: Unscrewing the Mystery of Mason Jars And Metal Lids
- Recycling Q&A: Little Bits of Paper? Envelope Windows? Jam Jars With Metal Lids?
- Recycling Q&A: Why Can’t I Put Recyclables In Plastic Garbage Bags?
- Recycling Q&A: Aargh! I’m Surrounded By Plastics!
- Recycling Q&A: What Should I Do With Propane Tanks?
- Recycling Q&A: Should Thermal Paper Receipts Go In The Bin or The Garbage?
- Recycling Q&A: What Can I Do With Shredded Paper If It Can’t Go in Recycling Bin?
- Recycling Q&A: Why Can’t Clean Takeout Containers Be Recycled?
- Recycling Q&A: I’m Still Unclear About Clear Plastic Food Containers
- Recycling Q&A: Why Do We Have To Keep Caps Plastic, Glass?
- Recycling Q&A: (1) Frozen Food Boxes and (2) To Crush or Not To Crush
- Recycling Q&A: What Are The Rules For Recycling Wrapping Paper?
- Recycling Q&A: Can I Recycle Tea Bag Wrappers?