“Like all pure creatures, cats are practical.”
— William S. Burroughs, author of The Cat Inside
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
He wears an ascot of white around the neck, tucked into his buff-like jacket of fur, looking every bit as though he just moored his yacht at the marina. He eyes his visitor all-wide-eyed-and-innocent as he perches on top of the cat tree imploring his visitor to take him home.
His name is Finn and he’s only a 2-year-old Domestic Shorthair, but he seems much older than his 2 years. He was owner-surrendered due to his owner having too many cats in their home that didn’t get along with each other.
Finn is a big handsome sweetheart that loves getting all the attention he can. He seems to do well around other cats as long as they aren’t too nosey and mind their own business.
Finn will make a wonderful lap cat to keep warm with this winter as the two of you huddle underneath the blanket while you spend your days catching up on all of your streaming programs on Netflix.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Cadbury’s Got The Cutest Face With a Little Bunny-Like Nose
- POW! Big, Orange, Friendly, Curious, Handsome Taz Loves Getting Attention!
- POW! Nature Painted Our Beautiful Loving Calico Missy
- POW! Hershey Is 13 Pounds of Love And Perfection
- POW! Sirabi, Found as a Stray at Olive Garden, Now Just Loves To Play
- POW! Lovely Nancy Is Reaching Out For Her Forever Family
- POW! His Name Is Ted, Just Ted, And He’s Mighty, Mighty Sweet
- POW! Say G’Day To Handsome Hank, The Australian Cattle Dog!
- POW! Mesa Is Beautiful, Sure, But Also The Sweetest Cat Ever
- POW! Sweet, Cuddly Nika Was Born To Be a Lap Cat
- POW! Mama Daisy Is Sweet, Friendly And Loves People!
- POW! Playful Kittens Mamba, Gumdrop And Ike Can’t Wait To Meet You
- POW! Beautiful Kirk Is One Great Big Cat
- POW! Hey, Jude! Take This Adorable Kitten Into Your Heart And Make It Better
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
Sign Up To KCC E-Newsletter