How do we create a sustainable and efficient building? How do we maintain or improve energy efficiency in homes in the Fox Valley?
Several speakers will address topics focused around net-zero and passive buildings, adaptive reuse and energy efficiency programs throughout the Fox River Valley.
Those who work in building design and construction are encouraged to attend, along with home owners, developers, and architects.
The event is free and open to all, but please RSVP as space will be limited.
Jeff Orduno, Urban Equities
- Topic: Case studies on the reuse of buildings and building materials.
Mike Poulakidas, Fox Valley Developers
- Topic: Adaptive reuse and historic preservation
Tom Bassett-Dilley, Tom Bassett-Dilley Architects
- Sustainable architecture and building passive homes
Vetia Hill, Elevate Energy
- Elevate’s energy efficiency programs and their process targeting non-profits and public institutions
Hanh Pham, ComEd
- ComEd’s new construction program and energy efficiency upgrades for residents
Sustainability in the Built Environment
- When: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Nov. 21
- Where: South Elgin Public Works Facility , 1000 Bowes Road, South Elgin. Just off IL Route 31 and south of 20
- RSVP: Click this link
Feature Photo Caption