- Editor’s Note: Please consider bookmarking this article, because it will be updated if and when additional ballot questions are posted on the Kane County Clerk’s Office website. As always, Kane County Connects encourages readers to visit traditional local-news websites and other information sources to learn more and make informed decisions about the local elections.
As of Monday (Nov. 25, 2019), there are seven referendums on ballots in various parts of Kane County, according to information provided on the Kane County Clerk’s Office website.
That number could expand during the few weeks. The last day for filing referendum petitions is Dec. 16, according to the Kane County Clerk’s Office Elections Calendar,
The referendums presently on the ballot include a proposed tax levy for mental health facilities in Elgin Township, a question of allowing recreational cannabis sales in Maple Par and whether to dissolve the West Dundee Fire Protection District.
Four of the referendums only touch a very small number of Kane County residents. Three of those involve ballot questions for residents of Hoffman Estates, the other is a proposition to issue $147 million in school building bonds for Community School District 220, which is based in Barrington.
You can read more about the referendum language and find PDF versions of the full petitions by clicking the links below.
- BALLOT QUESTION: Shall Elgin Township levy an annual tax of not to exceed .15% for the purpose of providing community mental health facilities and services including facilities and services for the person with a developmental disability or a substance abuse disorder?
- FULL WRITTEN RESOLUTION: Elgin Township.pdf
Village of Maple Park
- BALLOT QUESTION: Shall the corporate authorities of the Village of Maple Park permit the operation of Recreational Cannabis Businesses within the limits of the corporate boundaries of Maple Park, subject statutorily permissible zoning restrictions and taxation?
- FULL WRITTEN RESOLUTION: Village of Maple Park.pdf
West Dundee Fire Protection District
- BALLOT QUESTION: Shall the West Dundee Fire Protection District dissolve and be consolidated into the Rutland Dundee Fire Protection District?
- COURT ORDER: West Dundee Fire District.pdf
SOURCE: Kane County Clerk’s Office website