“A cat can purr its way out of anything.”
— Donna McCrohan, Author
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
Imagine being a stray Domestic Shorthair cat about 1-year-old, barely out of kitten-dom yourself when you suddenly find out that you’re pregnant with eight kittens.
Eight kittens that look like you, with big green eyes that stare into this tangible world with very little understanding of it.
Her name is Daisy. And she is a great mom, but it’s now time for her to move on and find a forever family of her own. She is sweet and very friendly and loves getting attention from people.
She does not get along well with other cats, so she would do best as the only cat or pet in her new household.
Daisy delivered her eight kittens with all the grace and elegance of a true lady. She cleaned them, nurtured them and gave them sustenance to grow into the sweet, slightly bold kittens they are today.
Mama Daisy is ready to find herself a home where she can become her true self and all that goes along with developing her best “cat-ness”. She’s waiting to cuddle with you! Are you ready?
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Lulu of a Rabbit Available For Adoption From KCAC
- POW! Cadbury’s Got The Cutest Face With a Little Bunny-Like Nose
- POW! Big, Orange, Friendly, Curious, Handsome Taz Loves Getting Attention!
- POW! Nature Painted Our Beautiful Loving Calico Missy
- POW! Hershey Is 13 Pounds of Love And Perfection
- POW! Sirabi, Found as a Stray at Olive Garden, Now Just Loves To Play
- POW! Lovely Nancy Is Reaching Out For Her Forever Family
- POW! His Name Is Ted, Just Ted, And He’s Mighty, Mighty Sweet
- POW! Say G’Day To Handsome Hank, The Australian Cattle Dog!
- POW! Mesa Is Beautiful, Sure, But Also The Sweetest Cat Ever
- POW! Sweet, Cuddly Nika Was Born To Be a Lap Cat
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
Sign Up To KCC E-Newsletter