Join the Elgin Cultural Arts Commission for the fourth annual Art Harvest from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, in downtown Elgin.
This event has several family-friendly components including a hay maze, decorate your own pumpkin, face painting, an up-close magician, arts and crafts stations and more, all of which can be found at “Art Central” located within DuPage Court.
Grab your art hunt map from “Art Central” and head out to find public art installations around downtown Elgin. Hunt for art, take artful selfies and show your pictures for prizes at Art Central.
If you upload your photos to social media, use event hashtags (#PublicArtElgin and #ArtHarvest).
Two New Murals
New to the Art Treasure Hunt this year will be the two new murals:
- “Raices del Alma” by Melina Scotte which is located in the first floor of the parking garage on Spring and Chicago Streets
- “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Poppies, Blue Bubbles” by artist Andrea Jablonski located along the Riverwalk under the Highland Avenue Bridge.
- “Float” by Margie Criner is located at Riverside Drive and Highland Avenue.
- “Noize!” by Travis Roozée is located at the corner of Spring and Chicago Streets.
- “Ducks on the Fox” by LeRoy Smith is located at the corner of Grove Avenue and Prairie Street.
Be sure to wear a costume while you are out and about on the Art Treasure Hunt, as several of the downtown businesses will be open for trick-or-treating. All of the event’s activities are free, family-friendly, and open to the public.
SOURCE: city of Elgin news