Do you own property in Rutland Township? Interested in your property tax assessments?
Then you’ll want to know that the 2019 assessment changes for property in Rutland Township are being published Thursday (Sept. 19, 2019) in the Fox Valley Daily Herald.
The publication means that final deadline file a property assessment complaint in Rutland Township has been set for Oct. 21, 2019.
After all revisions and corrections by the Rutland Township assessor were applied, each non-farm property in Rutland Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0655.
What’s an “equalization factor” and what does “equalization” mean? Basically, it’s the factor by which the assessed value of a property is multiplied to arrive at a value for the property that is in line with statewide tax assessments.
Rutland Township Assessor
The Rutland Township assessor is Gary W. Fritz.
To obtain assessment information about a property in Rutland Township, call the Township Assessor’s Office at 847-428-5219 or visit the Rutalnd Township Assessor’s website.
As a recap and reminder:
- Assessment changes in Rutland Township will be published Thursday; the final filing deadline for Rutland Township is Oct. 21, 2019.
- Assessment changes in Burlington and Geneva Townships were published Sept. 12; the final filing deadline for these townships is Oct. 15, 2019.
- Assessment changes in Elgin Township were published Sept.r 11; the final filing deadline for Elgin Township is Oct.11, 2019.
- Assessment changes in Aurora Township were published Sept. 5; the final filing deadline for this Township is Oct. 7, 2019.
- Assessment changes in Dundee and St. Charles Townships were published Aug. 22; the final filing deadline for these townships is Sept. 23, 2019.
- The final filing deadlines for Batavia, Big Rock, Blackberry, Campton, Hampshire, Kaneville, Plato, Sugar Grove, and Virgil townships have passed; by law, assessment complaints can no longer be accepted for these townships.
Online Assessment Complaint ‘How To’ Videos
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
Property Tax Website
Kane County has a valuable tool that is especially helpful for people who are filing assessment complaints. The a state-of-the-art, property-tax information website provides tons of valuable information, including the recent sale prices of properties near you.
Property Tax Quick Links
SOURCE: This is a re-post of information provided in the Kane Assessments Newsletter. To subscribe, click on this link.
Sign Up To KCC E-Newsletter