U.S. News & World Report, the global authority in hospital rankings, today (Tuesday, July 30, 2019) released the 2019-20 Best Hospitals rankings — and three Kane County hospitals were ranked among the top 25 in Illinois.
The new and revised 30th edition provides a multifaceted assessment on nearly every hospital nationwide that is designed to assist patients and their doctors in making informed decisions about where to seek care.
Kane County’s top hospitals in the rankings include:
In a news release issued today (Tuesday, July 30, 2019) Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital President Maureen Bryant said the U.S. News ranking is a confirmation of the quality of care that residents are receiving.
“For many of our patients, we’re their second family — their second home,” she said. “Every single day, lives are impacted by the decisions we make; and by working together as a team, we’re able to provide high-quality, personalized care to the community.”
Additional details about each hospital in Kane County appear below.
The top hospitals in Illinois are:
- No. 1 — Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago
- No. 2. — University of Chicago Medical Center
- No. 3 (tie) — NorthShore University Health System in Evanston
- No. 3 (tie) —Rush University Medical Center in Chicago
For 2019-20, the Mayo Clinic claimed the No. 1 spot on the Best Hospitals Honor Roll. Massachusetts General Hospital ranked No. 2, followed by Johns Hopkins Hospital at No. 3. The Honor Roll is a distinction awarded to hospitals ranked in the top 20 for delivering exceptional treatment across multiple areas of care.
This year, U.S. News updated the methodology in its 12 data-driven specialty rankings, which cover Cancer, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Ear, Nose & Throat, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology & Lung Surgery, and Urology.
More details on this year’s methodology changes can be found here.
Kane County Hospital Rankings 2019-2020
Here is a look at how Kane County hospitals were rated in the U.S. News report as well as links for additional information:
No. 14 — Advocate Sherman Hospital
Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin is rated high performing in one adult specialty and four procedures and conditions. It is a general medical and surgical facility.
- One Adult Specialty
- Four Adult Procedures/Conditions
- View all rankings for Advocate Sherman Hospital.
No. 25 — Rush Copley Medical Center
Not Ranked — AMITA Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora
Not Ranked — AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin
1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
2. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
3. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, N.Y.
6. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
7. UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
8. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
9. NYU Langone Hospitals, New York, N.Y.
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
11. University of Michigan Hospitals-Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor
12. Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Palo Alto, Calif.
13. Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston
14. Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
15. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh
16. Keck Hospital of USC, Los Angeles
17. University of Wisconsin Hospitals, Madison
18. Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia (tie)
18. Mayo Clinic-Phoenix (tie)
20. Houston Methodist Hospital (tie)
20. Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Conn. (tie)