The Kane County Health Department is advising that Elevation Foods is voluntarily recalling containers of Archer Farms-brand egg salad — Freskëtbrand egg salad, tuna salad, and Thai lobster salad — and Archer Farms-brand deviled egg sandwiches sold at Target and Fresh Market due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
This recall applies only to the products with the lot numbers and “use by” dates stated below.
- Archer Farms-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 12-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042A, Use By 12AUG2019, UPC 085239018682
- Freskët-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 32-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042, Use By 12AUG2019A
- Freskët-brand Tuna Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906054, Use By 02AUG2019A
- Freskët-brand Thai Lobster Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906041, Use By 02AUG2019A
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich Half Sandwich with Bacon, UPC 220505000002
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich on Multigrain, UPC 498780203566
No illnesses have been reported to date.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Elevation Foods identified the problem with the products after receiving positive test results for three containers of affected egg salad which were sampled and tested by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
The recalled products were manufactured at Elevation Foods’ Knoxville, Tennessee facility. Elevation Foods is working with distributors and retailers to quarantine and recover any impacted product remaining on store shelves.
Fewer than 1,087 cases of product have been directly shipped to retailer warehouses throughout the United States.
Consumers who have purchased any of the recalled products listed above are urged to immediately return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call 866-761-9566 at any time.
SOURCE: Kane County Health Department news release