- Editor’s Note: Kane County Connects intern Allison Arguezo is out and about at the Kane County Fair this week, sampling the food, folks and fun. Here are a few photos from today (Wednesday, July 17, 2019) as well as what to look forward to Thursday.
Here I am at the Kane County Fair in front of the carousel. (See the feature photo.)
Wednesday is all about the fair rides today! All the rides are provided by Fantasy Amusement Rides.
It’s a hot day, which makes it perfect to ride all the rides. And the night is perfect.
Groups of people line up to ride the Rock Star, a ride that swings high in the air. From the ground, you can hear people scream in fear and excitement as they are high up in the sky.
You can’t go to the fair without having the fair food!
I had the chance to try an Arnold Palmer, which is a lemon shakeup drink mixed together sweetened iced tea. On such a hot day, it was wonderfully refreshing. Not to mention affordable!
The large drink is $5.
I also had some classic fair funnel cake. The food stand had a variety of flavors to choose from, such as a peanut butter Oreo funnel cake, turtle funnel cake, and a chocolate covered cherry cake to name a few.
Personally, the classic funnel cake is my favorite. The sweet treat and refreshing drink made for a great snack at the fair.
Tonight: Carnival Only Until 11 PM
Coming Thursday: Monster Trucks And Funk
Buy fair tickets here!
Check back for advance sale specials! Advance sales end day prior to start of fair.
- Wednesday: FREE admission
- Thursday: $5; children under 3 FREE
- Friday—Sunday: $10/adult; $5/children 3-12; FREE/children under 3
Senior citizens over 62: FREE Thursday until 5 p.m.
Military with I.D.: FREE Thursday until 5 p.m.
Season Tickets: $20 (save $20)
Midway Hours of Operation
- Wednesday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Thursday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: Noon to Midnight
- Saturday: Noon to Midnight
- Sunday: Noon to 10 p.m.
Note: Exhibit halls close two hour earlier than Midway.
FREE Acts Found Throughout Midway
- Magic Show
- Petting Zoo
- Kiddy Land
- Swifty Swine Racing Pigs
- Fantasy Amusements Ride Co.
- Miller Lite Sound Stage
- All Star Amusements Instruction, PEC
- Bengal Tiger Encounter
- Car Show
- Imagination Gallery
- Classic JP Car Show; Saturday and Sunday all day
- Licensed Bingo (B-04001) and Pull tabs (P-01921) in Robinson Hall (Check website for hours.)
- Wine tasting Garden and Music. West wing of Prairie events Center
- Kane County Dairies to Prairies Exhibit. West wing of Prairie events Center
SOURCE: Allison Arguezo reporting and photos, Kane County Fair website