- Editor’s Note: Kane County Connects intern Allison Arguezo is out and about at the Kane County Fair this week, sampling the food, folks and fun. Here are a few photos from today (Thursday, July 18, 2019) as well as what to look forward to Friday.
Thursday brought the all NEW Monster Trucks to the Kane County Fair. Friday is for bullriders and cowgirls.
Here’s a look at a few of the samplings.
Raffles, Agriculture And Farming
The Kane County Young Farmers is hosting a raffle drawing on Sunday, July 21, the last day of the fair. If you’re visiting the fair sometime soon, be sure to stop on by to have a chance to win cool prizes.
A big part of the Kane County Fair is the ties it has with agriculture and farming. And part of that are the animals! There were a lot more animals on display today than yesterday. I went through the dairy house, swine house, and goat house for today.
It’s hard to believe how big a dairy cow is until you’ve seen one up close. And where else can you get the opportunity to see these animals besides the Kane County Fair?
This young cow is 2 years old, and her name is Fly. Fly weighs about 1,200 pounds!
In the swine house they offer free bookmarks with pig facts on them. The bookmarks are perfect if you are planning to read a book about pigs or farm animals.
Some interesting facts found on the bookmark say that pigs have more taste buds than humans do. Did you know that pigs are actually really clean animals? They only roll in the mud to stay cool!
In the goat house, I was lucky enough to catch the goat judging.
Here, young children hold onto the goats as they get graded in several different categories.
It’s going to get hot this week, so make sure to try the cool food.
At the Hawaii Tropical Fruit Shaved Iced booth, you can customize your favorite flavors together to get a unique mix and blend flavor for your shaved iced!
Colonial cafe and the 4H have teamed up to serve delicious, affordable ice cream for only $1.50. And, best of all, the proceeds go to the 4H Foundation.
So while buying a sweet treat, you get to help support a local organization. Today, I tried one of their most popular ice cream flavors: mint chip!
Tonight: NEW! Monster Truck Show
Friday: Pro Bullriders And Cowgirls, Hillbilly Rockstarz
Buy fair tickets here!
Check back for advance sale specials! Advance sales end day prior to start of fair.
- Wednesday: FREE admission
- Thursday: $5; children under 3 FREE
- Friday—Sunday: $10/adult; $5/children 3-12; FREE/children under 3
Senior citizens over 62: FREE Thursday until 5 p.m.
Military with I.D.: FREE Thursday until 5 p.m.
Season Tickets: $20 (save $20)
Midway Hours of Operation
- Thursday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: Noon to Midnight
- Saturday: Noon to Midnight
- Sunday: Noon to 10 p.m.
Note: Exhibit halls close two hour earlier than Midway.
FREE Acts Found Throughout Midway
- Magic Show
- Petting Zoo
- Kiddy Land
- Swifty Swine Racing Pigs
- Fantasy Amusements Ride Co.
- Miller Lite Sound Stage
- All Star Amusements Instruction, PEC
- Bengal Tiger Encounter
- Car Show
- Imagination Gallery
- Classic JP Car Show; Saturday and Sunday all day
- Licensed Bingo (B-04001) and Pull tabs (P-01921) in Robinson Hall (Check website for hours.)
- Wine tasting Garden and Music. West wing of Prairie events Center
- Kane County Dairies to Prairies Exhibit. West wing of Prairie events Center
SOURCE: Allison Arguezo reporting and photos, Kane County Fair website