Heads up if you own property in Hampshire or Plato township.
The Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Office has announced that the 2019 assessment changes for property in Hampshire and Plato townships are being published today (Wednesday, July 17, 2019) in the Daily Herald.
The final deadline for challenging your property-tax assessment in these townships has been set for Aug. 16, 2019. By state law, no filings will be accepted after this date.
After all revisions and corrections by the township assessors were applied, each non-farm property in both of these Townships was equalized with a factor of 1.0000. Click this link to learn more about equalization factors.
Hampshire And Plato Township Assessors
The Hampshire Township assessor is Rose Letheby. To obtain assessment information about a property in Hampshire Township, call the Township Assessor’s Office or visit the Hampshire Township Assessor’s website.
The Plato Township assessor is Janet Roush. o obtain assessment information about a property in Plato Township, call the Township Assessor’s Office or visit the Plato Township Assessor’s website.
- Assessment changes in Hampshire and Plato Townships were published today; the final filing deadline for this township is Aug. 16, 2019.
- Assessment changes in Batavia Township were published July 11; the final filing deadline for Batavia Township is Aug. 12, 2019.
- Assessment changes in Sugar Grove Township were published on June 25; the final filing deadline for Sugar Grove Township is July 29, 2019.
- Assessment changes for Aurora, Big Rock, Blackberry, Burlington, Campton, Dundee, Elgin, Geneva, Kaneville, Rutland, St. Charles, and Virgil Townships have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these townships.
Online Assessment Complaint ‘How To’ Videos
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
Property Tax Website
Kane County has a valuable tool that is especially helpful for people who are filing assessment complaints. The a state-of-the-art, property-tax information website provides tons of valuable information, including the recent sale prices of properties near you.
Property Tax Quick Links
SOURCE: This is a re-post of information provided in the Kane Assessments Newsletter. To subscribe, click on this link.
- Batavia Township Assessment Changes Will Be Published July 11
- Sugar Grove Township Property Tax Assessment Changes Publish June 27