Save the date for Kane County’s July 13 recycling extravaganza!
This is the big kahuna of recycling events, and there will be a lot of great recycling and volunteer opportunities.
The event takes place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 13, at the Kane County Branch Court parking lot, 540 S. Randall Road in St. Charles.
This event DOES NOT include shredding. Please see the EVENT POSTER for more details, and please read below information to make the most of your event experience!
Tips For Optimal Event Experience
- Arrive between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. for optimal service. Don’t arrive early, as it creates a pile up before we even begin.
- Approach on the northbound side of Randall Road, coming up from IL Route 38 toward IL Route 64, so that you can easily turn right, into the event at the Kane County Traffic Court building. If you approach on the southbound side of Randall, you may have difficulty turning left into the event site across the oncoming traffic, and the lineup creates a traffic flow problem on Randall.
- Check out this MAP of the event to see the order in which things will be unloaded so that you can pack your car accordingly. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
- Stop into Colonial Café for brunch after recycling!
Prepare To Have Material Unloaded in This Order – MAP
- Latex paint
- Scrap metal (NEW), 4-foot fluorescent tubes, batteries, Styrofoam, bikes, helmets, clothes, shoes. (All are unloaded at the last stop.)
Items You Can Recycle
- Batteries: Alkaline batteries — AA, AAA, C, D, 9V & button batteries; Vehicle — car, truck, motorcycle, power sport
- Books: any age any condition, hard or soft cover
- Bikes in working order or in need of minor repairs, helmets, bike baskets
- Clothes, linens, curtains, paired shoes, hats, ties, belts, purses, backpacks, stuffed animals, plush toys
- Electronics: TVs and Computer Monitors have a recycling fee; see below under Costs. All other electronic items are free to drop off. See here for full list.
- Fluorescent Lamps (4 foot tubes)
- Foam: Styrofoam #6 blocks and food service foam (NO packing peanuts)
- Paint: Latex and Oil Paint have a recycling fee; see below under Costs. Please note that oil-based paints can be taken to Naperville HHW facility for free.
- Scrap metal: (NEW in 2019) aluminum, copper, brass, insulated wire, cast iron, steel, other metals
NO Document Shredding!
There will be NO confidential document shredding at this event.
You’ll have a chance to do that at the Aug. 10 and Sept. 14 recycling events.
Items You Can NOT Recycle
- Household Hazardous Waste will not be accepted at this event.
- Carpet and padding will not be accepted at this event.
- TVs and Computer Monitors have a recycling fee paid directly to the non-profit recycler. The fee is $25 for screens under 21 inches, measured diagonally across the screen, or $35 for screens 21 inches or more, payable by the resident with cash or card.
- Paint has a recycling fee per container, payable by the resident with cash or check. Latex is $3 per gallon, oil is $8 per gallon.
Please go to: www.countyofkane.org/recycling for more information, or contact Jennifer Jarland, Kane County’s recycling program coordinator, at email@example.com or 630-208-3841 with any questions.
Contact Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland at 630-208-3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.