More than 80 stretches of road covering 233 miles of county highways will get urethane and paint pavement makings, with work starting Monday, weather permitting.
The Kane County Division of Transportation announced this week that the annual Kane County Pavement Marking Program work will take place from Monday, June 24, through the end of October and will include temporary daily lane closures from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday in each area delineated in the maps below.
The county’s typical process is to apply paint pavement markings annually on the majority of the county’s rural highways and the more durable urethane pavement marking to the high-volume county highways.
The pavement marking project will improve the visibility of the lane markings for the motoring public.
Lane closures are scheduled to start in the north end of the county, working their way south until all necessary lane lines have been restriped. The north to south progression may change as weather impacts may dictate alternate striping sequences.
Temporary flagger control of intersections will be required along the entire route in order to safely accomplish the required work. Please watch for workers, equipment on the roadway and shoulders, anticipate increased travel times and exercise caution while traveling in freshly painted areas.
Questions or concerns may be directed to Matt Schumacher at 630-762-2744.
For all Kane County traffic advisories, visit the Traffic Alerts Page on the KDOT website.
2019 Pavement Markings: High-Volume Highways
- Kirk Road — from Averill Circle to Illinois Route 64
- Orchard Road — from Illinois Route 30 tp Randall Road
- Randall Road — from Crane Road to 900 feet north of Bowes Road
- Randall Road — from Longmeadow Parkway to County Line Road
2019 Pavement Markings: Rural Highways
- Allen Road — from Dekalb County Line to US Route 20
- Army Trail Road — from Dunham Road to 1225 feet east of Dunham Road
- Beith Road — from Thatcher Road to Illinois Route 47
- Big Timber Road — from Harmony Road to Illinois Route 47
- Big Timber Road — from Illinois Route 47 to Randall Road
- Bliss Road — from Illinois Route 47 to Main Street
- Bunker Road — from Main Street to Keslinger Road
- Burlington Road — from Walker Road to Illinois Route 64
- Corron Road — from Burlington Road to Bowes Road
- Dauberman Road — from U.S. Route 30 to Keslinger Road
- Davis Road — from Scott Road to US Route 30
- Deerpath Road — from Tanner Road to Oak Street
- Dittman Road — from Burlington Road to Plato Road
- Dunham Road — from Kirk Road to 1500 feet Stearns Road
- Ellithorpe Road — from McGough Road to Burlington Road
- Empire Road — from Illinois Route 47 to Burlington Road
- Fabyan Parkway — from Main Street to Randall Road
- French Road — from Burlington Road to Illinois Route 72
- Galligan Road — from 555 feet south of Binnie Road to Huntley Road
- Getty Road — from Harmomy Road to US Route 20
- Granart Road — from Kendall County Line to Rhodes Road
- Harmony — from Allen Road to Getty Road
- Harter Road — from Dauberman Road to Illinois Route 47
- Healy Road — from Bliss Road to Norris Road
- Hinckley Road — from West County Line Road to Jericho Road
- Hughes Road — from Illinois Route 47 to Fabyan Parkway
- Huntley Road — from McHenry County Line to Sleepy Hollow Road
- I.C. Trail — from Illinois Route 64 to Sauber Road
- Jericho Road — from Hinckley Road to Orchard Road
- Kaneville Road — from Fabyan Parkway to Peck Road
- Keslinger Road — from West County Line Road to Illinois Route 47
- Keslinger Road — from Illinois Route 47 to Randall Road
- Kirk Road — from Illinois Route 64 to 3500 feet South of Dunham Road
- LaFox Road — from Keslinger Road to Illinois Route 38
- LaFox Road — from Illinois Route 38 to Illinois Route 64
- Lees Road — from Illinois Route 47 to Sauber Road
- Main Street (Maple Park) vWest County Line Road to Liberty Street
- Main Street — from West County Line Road to Randall Road
- McGough — from Road Illinois Route 64 to Peplow Road
- McLean Boulevard — from Spring Street to Bowes Road
- Meredith Road — from Keslinger Road to IC Trail
- Mooseheart Road — from Randall Road to Illinois Route 31
- Montgomery Road — from Illinois Route 25 to Hill Avenue
- Muirhead Road — from Plato Road to Bowes Road
- Norris Road — from Healy Road to Tanner Road
- Oak Street — from Deerpath Road to Orchard Road
- Peck Road vKaneville Road to Illinois Route 38
- Peplow Road vIllinois Route 64 to Rolling Oaks Drive
- Perry Road vWest County Line Road to Dauberman Road
- Plato Road — from Burlington Road to Muirhead Road
- Ramm Road —from McGough Road to Illinois Route 47
- Rippburger — from Road Plato Road to Russell Road
- Russell Road vRippburger Road to Plank Road
- Sauber Road — from I.C. Trail to Lees Road
- Scott Road — from Swan Road to Harter Road
- Silver Glen — from Road Illinois Route 47 to Corron Rd
- Silver Glen Road — from Corron Road to Randall Road
- Silver Glen Road — from Randall Road to Illinois Route 31
- Swan Road — from Scott Road to Main Street
- Tanner Road — from Norris Road to Deerpath Road
- Thatcher Road — from Main Street to Beith Road
- Tyrrell Road — from Big Timber Road to Galligan Road
- Walker Road — from French Road to Allen Road
- West Bartlett Road — from Illinois Route 25 to Illinois Route 25
- West County Line Road — from U.S. Route 30 to Illinois Route 38
Warning To Drivers
KDOT warns drivers to be prepared to reduce their speed, exercise caution, and be extra alert. Watch for construction workers, construction vehicles entering or leaving the site, and obey flaggers and other traffic control devices within the work zone.
Expect delays while traveling through the work areas. You may want to add additional time to your commute and consider the use of alternate routes while this work is being completed.
KDOT reminds drivers that is illegal to talk on a cell phone or text while driving through a highway construction work zone. The minimum penalty for speeding in a work zone is $375.
Click this link to find out how Kane County Drivers can “make zero fatalities a reality.”