Kane County will host a June 19 cybersecurity seminar targeted to manufacturers who are or want to be defense contractors and subcontractors.
The event — cosponsored by Kane County and numerous partners, including Chicago Metro Metal Consortium, Chicago Regional Growth Corporation, Illinois Defense Network, IMEC and others — will help companies identify the risks facing your company as well as how to address and resolve potential security threats aimed at your products, customers and employees.
- To register for the session in Kane County, click here to visit the registration page for the June 19 event.
By attending this half day event, manufacturing leaders — with a particular emphasis placed on current and future defense contractors and sub-contractors — will learn more about risk management considerations and how to integrate an effective cybersecurity approach and mitigate the risks of cyber threats.
The department of defense mandates specific risk controls. How are you implementing these in your operations?
Attendees will also:
- Learn how to identify and combat these risks from industry solutions specialists
- Start developing their risk plan through a cyber security framework
- Leave with action steps to help improve their risk management
- Have to opportunity to sign-up for individual organization assessments and follow-on planning
- 8 a.m. – Networking Breakfast and Check-in
- 8:30 a.m. – Opening: Representatives from local organizations
- 8:45 a.m. – Risk Management Overview
- 9:15 a.m. – Cyber Security: What Are Your Risks? Identify – Protect – Detect – Respond – Recover
- 10 a.m. – Break
- 10:30 a.m. – Organizational Risk Identification: Table Top Exercise: Assess Company Risks and Identify Actions for Mitigation
- 11:30 a.m. – Start Defending Against Cyber Risks Today: Closing and Cybersecurity Consideration for Initial Implementation
- 12 p.m. – Networking Lunch
Presented in partnership by:
- Chicago Metro Metal Consortium (CMMC)
- Chicago Regional Growth Corporation
- Choose DuPage
- Cook County Bureau of Economic Development
- Illinois Defense Network
- Kane County
- Technology & Manufacturing Association
- University of Illinois Office of the Vice President for Economic Development and Innovation
- Valley Industrial Association
- workNet DuPage
- Cost: $50 per person. Registration includes light breakfast, lunch and training materials
- Contact Name: Emily Lee, IMEC Program & Partner Relations Coordinator
- Contact Phone: (309) 677-4633
- Contact Email: email@example.com