While we don’t have statistic for Kane County alone, we do know that lightning strikes the United States about 25 million times a year.
Although most lightning occurs in the summer, people can be struck at any time of year. Lightning kills an average of 47 people in the United States each year, and hundreds more are severely injured.
Kane County residents are invited to explore the site, and come and visit often! En Espanol
- Lightning Safety Brochure
- U.S. Lightning Deaths in 2019: 4
- Youtube: Lightning Safety for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: ASL and Closed Captioned
- “Flash, Dash Inside” slogan and sign created by and for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Lightning Safety for Hard of Hearing: jpg, high res png
- YouTube: Lightning Safety Tips
- Lightning Safety When Working Outdoors: OSHA Factsheet
- What You Need to Know: Tips for Safety
- Analysis of Lightning Fatalities
- YouTube: Don’t Catch the Big One: PSA1, PSA2
- How People are Struck by Lightning
- Tornado, High Wind and Hail Safety Site