The benefits of reducing waste are endless, from reducing pollution, saving energy, reducing greenhouse gas production, and saving you money.
The Environmental Protection Agency offers waste reduction tips for you to reference anytime.
The Fox Valley Sustainability Network will hold a Waste Reduction Forum to discuss the programs and municipalities in the Fox Valley and surrounding areas that are utilizing waste reduction practices to make a healthier tomorrow.
The upcoming forum will be from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, May 23, at the Village Hall in Montgomery, 200 N. River St., Montgomery.
Register for the forum here.
Waste Reduction Forum
- When: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, May 23
- Where: Village Hall, Montgomery, IL, 200 N, River St, Montgomery, IL 60538
- Topics & Speakers
- Review of Kane County waste reduction initiatives — Jennifer Jarland, Kane County Recycling Program Coordinator
- Curbside residential food scrap composting for municipalities — Jennifer Nelson, Zero Waste Program Manager, Seven Generations Ahead
- Northern Illinois Food Bank waste reduction and food recovery work — Chad Steward, Food Sourcing Retail and Strategy Specialist
- How To Register: Space is limited for this event. Register now and reserve your spot. Register for the forumhere.