Dispose of your household cleaners, fertilizers, pesticides, auto fluids, oil-based paints and stains and much more from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 1, at the household hazardous waste collection event at 620 Route 25, East Dundee.
The building is the former Wal-Mart on the southeast corner of IL Route 25 and IL Route 72. See here for more info and for the site map.
Accepted items include acids, adhesives, aerosol products, auto fluids, ballasts, batteries (no auto batteries), blacktop sealer, cleaning products, cooking oil, corrosives, drain cleaners, fluorescent light bulbs, hobby and photo chemicals, lawn chemicals, medications (no controlled substances), mercury and devices that contain it, oil paint and stains (no latex paint), paint thinners, pool chemicals, and solvents.
Organizers cannot accept latex paint, metal tanks/cylinders (acetylene, foam, oxygen, propane), agricultural wastes, ammunition, explosives or fireworks, biohazards (medical wastes), farm machinery oil, fire extinguishers, lead-acid auto batteries, MAPP gases, pharmaceuticals (controlled substances), radioactive material, smoke detectors.
Please do not bring syringes or needles.
Other Guidelines For The Event
- This event is free and open to residents of Illinois.
- Business, institution and agriculture waste will NOT be accepted.
- Please carpool with neighbors to bring your hazardous waste materials for safe disposal.
- Please clearly label and safely package all waste materials and stay in your vehicle at event.
- Do not bring any of the items on the NOT ACCEPTED list, as it slows down the line
- For alternative solutions for those items, call 630-208-3841 or go to: www.countyofkane.org/recycling.
Sponsors of this event are the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Kane County Recycles, and the village of East Dundee.
Got questions? Contact Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland at 630-208-3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: Kane County Recycles news release