With March being Women’s History Month and women only holding 23.7 percent of the seats in Congress despite making up 51 percent of the U.S. population, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2019’s Best & Worst States for Women as well as accompanying videos.
To identify the most women-friendly states, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 24 key metrics.
The data set ranges from median earnings for female workers to women’s preventive health care to female homicide rate.
Woman-Friendliness of Illinois (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 32nd – Median Earnings for Female Workers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 39th – Unemployment Rate for Women
- 24th – Share of Women in Poverty
- 16th – Share of Women-Owned Businesses
- 28th – High School Graduation Rate for Women
- 23rd – Share of Women Who Voted in 2016 Presidential Election
- 21st – Female Uninsured Rate
- 25th – Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
- 20th – Quality of Women’s Hospitals
- 13th – Women’s Preventive Health Care
For the full report, please visit this page of the WalletHub website.
Best States for Women
|State||Total Score||‘Women’s Economic & Social Well-Being’ Rank||‘Women’s Health & Safety’ Rank|
|4||District of Columbia||69.72||4||9|