“If you choose to speed or handle your smart phone while you drive, look out for our traffic unit inside these cars!”
“We’re solidly tracking everyone’s concerns about distracted driving in Kane,” Kane County Sheriff Ron Hain said via Facebook. “We’re teaming up with AAA and ABATE for some serious upcoming campaigns. Better put those phones down while you’re behind the wheel!”
During a two-hour campaign on Randall Road rush hour Friday morning, deputies took the following enforcement actions against motorists:
Citations for speeding:
- One for 61 mph in a 50 mph zone while passing a squad with lights activated.
- Three for 15 mph over the speed limit.
- Two for 16 mph over the speed limit.
- One for 17 mph over the speed limit.
- Two for 20 mph over the speed limit.
- One for 25 mph over the speed limit.
- One for cell phone use.
- One for improper lane use.
- One for obstructed windshield.
- Nine for speeding.
“Please drive safe in Kane,” Hain said.
SOURCE: Kane County Sheriff’s Office