Attention young adults, 17 to 19 with an interest in joining the Aurora police team!
The clock is ticking to apply and take the test to establish eligibility as a police cadet. The deadline is Monday, Jan. 7.
Check out the link or see below for all the details.
The city of Aurora has opened testing for the position of police cadet to establish an eligibility list.
- Must be 17 years of age but not yet attained 19 years of age at time of test.
- Attained senior class standing on the date of test, have graduated from an accredited high school, attained a GED (copy of GED certificate required), or a Home School certification through the Regional Superintendent of Schools.
- Excellent moral character.
- Must be able to pass vision requirement at time of appointment.
- Excellent physical condition, will be required to pass POWER test within the first six months of hire.
- Valid state of Illinois Class D driver’s license at the time of application.
- Have a minimum high school grade point average of 2.50 on a scale of 4.0 or equivalent. (Copy of high school transcript required at time of application. Transcript/GED/home school certification must be in a sealed envelope from the school.)
- Be a United States citizen at time of hire.
- Excellent career path in law enforcement.
- Health, dental and life insurance coverage.
- Tuition provided toward an associate degree in a related field.
- Part time work during school year and full time work during school breaks.
- Beginning salary $11.91/hour.
Applicants must pass the job simulation test before moving forward in the selection process.
Visit: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com to register and select testing location. There is a non-refundable testing fee of $25.
To be considered for this round of hiring, the test must be completed by Jan. 7, 2019.
To learn more about the City of Aurora, IL, visit https://www.aurora-il.org/about/aboutourcity.php