Aurora saw 14 vehicles damaged by apparent BB or pellet shots between 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26, and 6 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, on the Near East, Near Southeast, and West Sides of the city, the Aurora Police Department reports.
All of the vehicles had at least one of its windows shot out when they were parked on the street, Aurora Police Department spokesman Dan Ferrelli said via Facebook.
On the Near East and Near Southeast Sides, the damage occurred:
- Between 9 p.m. and 9:40 p.m. when five vehicles were hit in the 800 and 900 blocks of Pearl St. causing $600 in damage.
- Before 10:30 p.m. three vehicles in the 900 block of Front St. and one in the 900 block of Liberty St., were hit causing $2,000 in damage.
- Between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., a vehicle parked in the 1000 block of Liberty St. sustained $200 in damage.
- Between 8:30 p.m. and 5:35 a.m., a vehicle in the 500 block of Kenmore was hit causing $500 in damage.
On the West Side:
- Between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m., single vehicles parked in the 1000 and 1700 blocks of Plum St. were hit causing $1200 in damage.
- Between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m., a vehicle in the 500 block of Howard was hit and sustained $400 in damage.
“At least some and very possibly all the incidents are related,” Ferrelli said. “However, we have no suspect information.”
If you know or saw anything, please call Investigations at 630-256-5500 or Crime Stoppers at 630-892-1000.
SOURCE: Aurora Police Department Facebook page