It happens every year, of course, but that second deadline still always seems to sneak up on you.
That’s why Kane County Treasurer David Rickert is sending out a gentle reminder that the second installment of your property tax bill is due Sept. 4, 2018.
If you are a new or existing homeowner and need a copy of the bill to remit payment, you may print off a bill from the Internet by visiting the KaneCountyTreasurer.org website or contact the Treasurer’s Office at 630-232-3565.
Taxpayers can make payment by:
- Mailing the payment to the Treasurer’s Office. Mail postmarked by Sept. 4 is considered on time.
- Dropping the payment off in the property tax drop box, this is available 24 hours a day. The drop box is located behind Building A at the Government Center 719 South Batavia Ave., Geneva, IL.
- Make payment at a participating Kane County Bank. List available at KaneCountyTreasurer.org.
- Pay over the Internet by e-check. This service is free.
- Pay over the Internet by credit/debit card. Please note there is a convenience fee for this service.
Important Due Dates 2018
Read the 2018 Tax Facts Series
- Your Tax Bills Are Coming!
- Relevant Tax Statistics
- Top 10 Kane County Taxpayers
- Which Townships Pay Most in Property Taxes
- Where Your Property Tax Money Goes, Where It Comes From
For More Information
- For questions about exemptions or appeals, call the Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Office at 630-208-3818 or visit KaneCountyAssessments.org.
- For questions about how tax rates are developed, call the Kane County Clerk’s Office at 630-232-5964 or visit KaneCountyClerk.org.
- For questions about tax bills or payments, call the Kane County Treasurer’s Office at 630-232-3565 or visit KaneCountyTreasurer.org.