Kane County was hammered by wind, rain and hail Tuesday night.
According to the National Weather Service Chicago’s weather source map, wind gusts of 59 mph were recorded at DuPage Airport in West Chicago.
Rainfall of 1.57 was recorded in Sugar Grove as of 7 a.m. today (Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018).
Sugar Grove reported 1-inch-diameter hail. North Aurora reported hail of three-quarters of an inch.
Among the extremes in the region, wind gusts of 75 mph were recorded in Kingston, WI. Rainfall reached 5.5 inches in Sheboygan Falls, WI. Flash flooding was reported in Pekin, IL.
Kane County Connects will update this report when information is provided by the NWS Chicago.
A Hazardous Weather Outlook is in place today for Kane County and other portions of Northeast Illinois, North Central Illinois and Northeast Indiana.
The NWS Chicago reports limited thunderstorm risk this morning and a high swim risk this afternoon.
Detailed Forecast For Kane County, IL
- Today: A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 73. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. East wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 56. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.