“Dogs own space and cats own time.”
– Nicola Griffith, author
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
It doesn’t take long for Gouda, a 1-year-old, spayed, brown, black and white domestic medium-haired tabby to warm up to whoever is in the room.
She may come across as a little shy in the beginning, but all she really wants is for someone to notice her and give her the attention she craves.
Owner-surrendered along with her sister Brie, Gouda started her life in the KCAC shelter as a very tiny kitten. Adopted along with her sister, the two girls were brought back after their adoptive family could no longer care for them.
A cuddly little girl that loves sitting in laps and getting petted, Gouda is looking for a family that will take the time to brush her beautiful medium-length hair on a regular basis.
Are you up to the challenge?
Congratulations to Kenny, a male, black domestic longhaired 9-month old kitten. He must have watched a few YouTube cat videos on how to impress potential adopters within the first 60 seconds after meeting them.
We’re so happy for you, Kenny!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Sage The Siberian Husky Loves To Play!
- POW! Be Ready To Giggle When You Meet Rakki
- POW! Oh, Mandy, How Happy You’ll Make Me!
- POW! Cuddly, Sleek, Elegant, Beautiful Tucker Is Ready For Adoption!
- POW! All Peluchin Really Needed Was a Little Love
- POW! Sweet as a Dolphin, Smart as a Whip — Sophia Is The Total Package
- POW! Sam Is Sweet, Fun And Full of Energy
- POW! You’ll Never Forget Shadow, Or His Smile
- POW! Brie Is a Brave And Beautiful Tortie Mix
- POW! Sweet, Green-Eyed Pumpkin Is Ready For Years of Cuddling