The 2018 property assessment changes in three Kane County townships are being published Thursday, July 19.
Burlington Township changes are being published in the Daily Herald, Campton Township changes are being published in the Kane County Chronicle and Kaneville Township changes are being published in the Elburn Herald.
The final filing deadline for property in these townships has been set for Aug. 20, 2018.
- Burlington Township: 1.0475
- Campton Township: 1.0149
- Kaneville Township: 1.0931
As mentioned above, assessment complaints for property in these townships must be filed by Aug. 20, 2018. By state law, no assessment complaints for property in these townships can be accepted after this date. Click this link to learn more about assessment complaints.
To obtain assessment information about a property in these townships, call your township assessor’s office or visit your township assessor’s website. Click this link for a directory of Kane County township assessors.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
By state law, the last day that an assessment complaint may be filed is the close of business on the 30th day after publication in a local newspaper.
The only exception is if the county assessment office is not open on the 30th day. In that instance, the deadline is automatically extended to the close of business on the next day the office is open.
- Assessment changes in Burlington, Campton, and Kaneville townships will be published July 19; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 20, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Geneva Township were published July 12; the final filing deadline for Geneva Township is Aug. 13, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Dundee Township were published July 9; the final filing deadline for Dundee Township is Aug. 8, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Rutland Township were published July 5; the final filing deadline for Rutland Township is Aug. 6, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Batavia and Virgil townships were published June 21; the final filing deadline for these townships is July 23, 2018.
The final filing deadline for property in Big Rock, Blackberry, Hampshire, Plato, and Sugar Grove townships has passed. By state law, the Board of Review cannot accept any assessment complaints for property in these Townships.
Assessment changes for Aurora, Elgin, and St. Charles townships have not yet been published. As of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these townships.
Assessment Complaint Webinars
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the Board.
New Property Tax Website
Kane County has a new tool that is especially helpful for people who are filing assessment complaints. The a state-of-the-art, property-tax information website provides tons of valuable information, including the recent sale prices of properties near you.
Property Tax Quick Links
SOURCE: This is a reprint of information provided in the Kane Assessments Newsletter. To subscribe, click on this link.