Starting the week of July 16, 2018, routing and crack sealing will begin on seven, semi-big-name Kane County roads.
Construction work hours will be from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day for approximately four to six weeks, weather permitting.
- Allen Road from Harmony Road to Brier Hill Road
- Harter Road from 1,500 feet southeast of Scott Road to IL Route 47
- French Road from Walker Road/ North Main Street to IL Route 72
- Healy Road-Norris Road from Bliss Road to Tanner Road
- Plato Road from 650 feet east of IL Route 47 to Muirhead Road
- Kirk Road from Wilson Street to Cherry Lane
- Corron Road from Burlington Road to Bowes Road
The crack sealing program is part of the county’s comprehensive road maintenance program to increase the longevity of the roads by sealing road cracks preventing water from penetrating the road base and reducing the life of the pavement.
The above-mentioned roads will remain open during treatment, but will be reduced to one lane of travel using flaggers and temporary daily lane closures.
Work Zone Safety Alert
Drivers in this project area should be prepared to reduce their speed, exercise caution, watch for construction workers and construction vehicles entering or leaving the site, and obey flaggers and other traffic control devices within the work zone.
Drivers should expect delays and may want to add additional time to their commutes and consider the use of alternate routes while this work is completed.
KDOT reminds drivers that is illegal to talk on a cell phone or text while driving through a highway construction work zone. The minimum penalty for speeding in a work zone is $375.
Click this link to find out how Kane County Drivers can “make zero fatalities a reality.”