Like its next-door neighbor, Geneva, the city of St. Charles is switching to Lakeshore Recycling Systems refuse and recycling services beginning July 2.
According to a city of St. Charles news release, Lakeshore “will provide the same services residents currently receive plus some added new ones, at a significantly lower cost.”
Under the city’s new program with LRS, residents will see a reduction in sticker price from $3.40/sticker to $2.60/sticker.
St. Charles collection days will not change.
Lakeshore has mailed detailed information about services to every St. Charles resident. Information about services and costs also are on the Lakeshore Recycling Systems website at www.lrsrecycles.com/stcharles
Refuse & Recycling Open House
Lakeshore is holding an open house for residents to learn more about the new program and ask questions.
The open house is set for 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, at the St. Charles City Council Chambers, 2 E. Main St., St. Charles.
- June 18 to June 23: Residents should have received a new 65-gallon recycling cart during this time. To switch to a larger or smaller recycling cart, contact Lakeshore Recycling Systems at 630-581-8650 or StCharles@lrsrecycles.com. PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CARTS UNTIL AFTER JULY 1, 2018.
- June 25, 26: Last pick up by Advanced Disposal, old carts will be collected.
- July 2, 3: The first pick up by Lakeshore Recycling Systems.
- July 1 to July 31: Residents can use Advanced Disposal stickers and half-size bags they may have accumulated.
Key Service Details
- Your current service day will stay the same.
- If you currently rent a refuse cart, Lakeshore will give you the same size cart.
- Advanced Disposal will collect the old carts on the last day of service. For the East Side of the river, this will be on Monday, June 25. For the West Side of the river, this will be on Tuesday, June 26.
- Additional information will be posted on the city’s website and other communication channels.
- If you use stickers, they will be available at the same retailers. (However, ALDI has decided to no longer sell refuse stickers.)
- Please Note: The city of St. Charles’ current brush and leaf collection programs will not change. However, additional collection options are available with Lakeshore. Check their website for more information: www.lrsrecycles.com/stcharles
New Service Highlights
- Two weeks of free yard waste disposal in the spring.
- Free bagged leaf pick up the entire month of December.
- Bulk Items less than 50 pounds will require one sticker per item.
- “White Goods” (appliances) less than 50 pounds will require one sticker per item.
About the City of St. Charles
Located in both DuPage and Kane counties, the city of St. Charles is 35 miles west of downtown Chicago, and has a population of about 33,000. More than 2,100 businesses, consisting of a balanced mix of retailers, restaurants and manufacturing facilities, employ more than 18,000 people.
The city of St. Charles was named the No. 1 City for Families by Family Circle® magazine in 2011; one of the “150 Great Places in Illinois,” by the AIA Illinois; and one of the “Top 10 Towns To Live In” by West Suburban Living magazine. www.stcharlesil.gov