The 2018 assessment changes for property in Batavia, Rutland and Virgil townships are being published Thursday, June 21.
Batavia Township changes are being published in the Batavia Kane County Chronicle; Rutland Township changes are being published in the Fox Valley Daily Herald; and Virgil Township changes are being published in the Elburn Herald.
The June 21 publication means the final filing deadline for contesting the assessed value of your property in these townships has been set for July 23, 2018. Click here to learn more about assessment complaints.
After all revisions and corrections by the respective township assessors were completed, the following equalization factors were applied to all non-farm properties in these townships:
- Batavia Township: 1.0341
- Rutland Township: 1.0501
- Virgil Township: 1.0000
To obtain assessment information about a property in these townships, call your township assessor’s office or visit your township assessor’s website. You can find contact information at Kane County’s Township Assessor Directory.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
By state law, the last day that an assessment complaint may be filed is the close of business on the 30th day after publication in a local newspaper.
The only exception is if the County Assessment Office is not open on the 30th day; in that instance, the deadline is automatically extended to the close of business on the next day the office is open.
- Assessment changes in Batavia, Rutland, and Virgil townships will be published June 21; the final filing deadline for these townships is July 23, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Blackberry Township were published June 14; the final filing deadline is July 16, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Big Rock Township were published June 8; the final filing deadline s July 9, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Sugar Grove Township were published May 31; the final filing deadline is July 2, 2018.
- Assessment changes in Hampshire and Plato Townships were published May 22; the final filing deadline is June 21.
- Assessment changes for Aurora, Burlington, Campton, Dundee, Elgin, Geneva, Kaneville, and St. Charles townships have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these townships.
Assessment Complaint Webinars
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board. Click here to view webinars.
New Property Tax Website
Kane County has a new tool that is especially helpful for people who are filing assessment complaints. The a state-of-the-art, property-tax information website provides tons of valuable information, including the recent sale prices of properties near you.
Property Tax Quick Links
SOURCE: This is a reprint of information provided in the Kane Assessments Newsletter. To subscribe, click on this link.