- What Should I Do With K-Cups?
- Can I Recycle Milk, Juice And Soup Cartons?
- How About Boxes For Frozen Foods?
- Can I Put Shredded Paper in My Curbside Recycling?
- ‘AARGH! I’m Surrounded By Plastic!’
Everybody’s got questions about recycling. Now we’ve got answers, straight from Kane County’s foremost expert.
Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland is headlining a program from 11 a.m. to noon Thursday, June 7, at the Batavia Civic Center titled, “Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!” The program takes place in the Conference Room of the center located at 327 W. Wilson St.
Sponsored by the Batavia Park District, the free program will include a slide presentation, time for questions and answers and some fun giveaways, including the Kane County Recycling Guidelines Poster.
You’ll also learn where you can recycle items at drop-off locations throughout Kane County, including Styrofoam, electronics, books, hazardous waste, batteries, paint. She’ll recap recycling events scheduled for this year and all of the things you can take to them, including the free confidential document shredding dates.
For more information, contact Jarland at 630-208-3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recycling Tips: Learn The 4 R’s, Think Creatively and ‘Win the Bin’!
- Recycling Tips: DO NOT Put Plastic Bags in Your Recycling Bin!
- Recycling Tips: Can I Recycle Cash Register Receipts? Used Aluminum Foil? Yogurt Containers?
- Recycling Tips: How to Stop Junk Mail For Good!
- 4 Tips For ‘Optimal Experience’ at Kane County Recycling Extravaganza
- Tips, Drop-Off Locations and Scheds for Recycling Christmas Trees in Kane County, IL
- Hey, Jennifer Jarland! How Do I Recycle My Propane Tank?
- Hey, Jennifer Jarland! Why Can’t Businesses Recycle Electronics, Shred Documents at Your Events?
- Hey, Jennifer Jarland! What Should I Do With Old Clothes and Shoes?
About Jennifer Jarland
Jennifer Jarland has been the recycling program coordinator for Kane County since 2011. Her work includes managing the electronics recycling sites, conducting recycling collection events, household hazardous waste program management, and public outreach.
While managing, improving, and expanding recycling programs for Kane County, she also works with fellow Illinois County and agency colleagues on broader state issues, such as food scrap composting, electronics recycling, and product stewardship initiatives. She presently serves as secretary on two boards: the Illinois Food Scrap Coalition and the Illinois Counties Solid Waste Management Association.