- “Made in Kane” is a monthly feature on Kane County businesses selected by the Kane County Development and Community Services Department. If you know about a cool company or product that’s “Made in Kane” worthy, please send an email to Kane County Planner Chris Toth at email@example.com. Include a brief description of the company or product, a link to its website and contact information.
One of our area’s most iconic buildings is the Farnsworth House in Plano, an amazing example of 20th century architecture designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and built in 1951.
And it’s no exaggeration to say that Mies van der Rohe’s mastery of form and function is what energizes one of Kane County’s most innovative companies: Rieke Office Interiors.
Rieke Office Interiors is an Elgin-based company that designs and manufactures custom commercial furniture and crafts innovative, eco-friendly workspaces to fit their customers’ needs.
Located at 2000 Fox Lane in Elgin, the modern, 150,000-square-foot facility is a showcase of innovative interior workspace design. The facility features many examples of workstations, private offices, kitchens, break areas, collaborative meeting spaces and custom furniture products.
“We’ve built an environment for our team and our customers to showcase our extensive capabilities,” the ROI website says.
The company is the brainchild of Todd Rieke, who always knew he wanted to “do things differently.” Through years of experience in the contract furniture industry and used furniture brokerage, he was able to conceptualize exactly how he would accomplish this.
From a single desk to furnishing an entire 50,000+ facility, Rieke Office Interiors manufactures everything in its Elgin facility. Being a manufacture allows ROI to:
- Provide furniture of the highest quality using state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques.
- Reduce costs and earn LEED points, as you are buying directly from the manufacturer.
- Minimize lead times.
- Provide exceptional work, based in a great city.
Rieke’s entire manufacturing operation is focused on being green. Initiatives include:
- Building furniture from up to 80 percent recycled materials.
- Recycling all paper, cardboard, plastic stretch film, wood scrap, wood dust and metal. Annually, this is the equivalent of 200 semi-trailers that is being kept out of landfills.
- Re-using and refurbishing used furniture when applicable.
- Reducing shipping costs and impact, because the furniture is built in Elgin.
Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, the family-owned business that started with only three employees is now an industry leader with more than 70 employees who provide a full spectrum of office interior services.
Vertical Interior Design
Vertical Interior Design, a division of Rieke Office Interiors, is a full service interior design firm launched in 2014 by then creative director, now Executive Vice President Colleen Baader. Through space analysis and planning, finish selections and product specification, the design team can create a unique environment that reflects a client’s corporate culture and image.
Typical corporate interior design firms are limited solutions by what’s in their vendors’ catalogs. Working in tandem with the internal manufacturing facility, the approach for each project is different. VID’s designs are focused purely on their client’s needs and how they imagine their space, without the limitations of standard fixed dimensions found in catalogs.
Along with their in-house flooring department, another division of Rieke Office Interiors, the Rieke Office Interiors’ unique business structure and services can truly create a one stop shop for your entire interior office needs.
Barrington High School
“We went to ROI with an idea; create a state-of-the-art classroom that embraces group learning. ROI came back with a variety of cutting edge options and executed on the chosen option with precision, on-time, and on-budget. Now we have a world class room for education and a relationship to do it again.”
– Karl Fruecht
Kopp & Bloom General Dentistry
“We can’t state how strongly we feel about Colleen Baader’s positive influence and guidance in helping us achieve our dream with our new office. We wouldn’t hesitate to use her in the furniture, and we’d enthusiastically recommend her to any professional individuals looking for a great partner to help them achieve the design they are looking for.”
—Dr. Thomas Kopp
Consumers Credit Union
“Rieke Office Interiors worked hand in hand with our team to ensure every detail was attended to and no stone was left unturned. They attended to each department’s needs and created a unique space that truly reflects Consumers Credit Union’s corporate image and vision. Through this experience, we have created a long-term relationship with ROI and we look forward to working with them on future projects.”
SOURCE: Rieke Office Interiors
Read the ‘Made in Kane’ Series
- Made in Kane County: Jack Stands Used by Jay Leno
- Made in Kane: Flavors Enjoyed Around the World
- Made in Kane: Batavia’s Doran Scales Weighs in With ‘A Better Idea’
- Made in Kane: Want to Go Wired or Wireless? AIR802 of Aurora Delivers
- Check Out These Amazing Tiny Houses ‘Made in Kane’
- Made in Kane: Geneva Craft Distillery Earns Medals and Acclaim
- Made in Kane: The Sky’s The Limit For Carpentersville-Based IFE Products
- Made in Kane: 25N Coworking Makes Kane Businesses Better
- Made in Kane: Midwest Groundcovers Makes Groundbreaking Innovations