- Editor’s Note: This article is written by Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland. Got a question? Contact Jarland at 630-208-3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know what to recycle, when to recycle and how to recycle virtually anything in Kane County, IL? Then you absolutely, positively must get yourself a copy of the 2018 Kane County Recycles Green Guide.
The new Kane County Recycles Green Guide is now online for you to download and is available at libraries and municipal offices for you to pick up a paper copy!
The guide is full of information, including lists and contacts for municipal waste haulers, dates for recycling events, “how to” information on electronics recycling and household hazardous waste, battery recycling, ways to reduce junk mail and much, much more.
What’s Cool And New This Year?
(1) NEW Format to The Recycling Guidelines
The guidelines remain much the same as years past, but this year they are presented in a new simplified format, which is easy to read at a glance with the use of universal icon images and clear descriptions of what you should recycle and what you shouldn’t.
It may seem like some of the guidelines have changed — for example, the instructions about not putting plastic bags in the recycling bin — but that has always been the case. It’s just that a lot of people didn’t know it!.
We are working to make these important messages more clear and to help you to keep the “bad” items out of the recycling. Thank you so much for all of your efforts to recycle right!
For those of you who want even MORE detail, please see the full list of detailed guidelines online on the Kane County Recycles website.
(2) NEW Letter From Your Recycling Coordinator
As always, there is the front page letter focusing on an important message for the year. This year, I’m encouraging residents to “minimize waste and recycle right!”
Paper Copies of the Guide
Kane County Recycles prints 30,000 paper copies each year — down from 100,000 seven years ago because so many people are now accessing the online information. But we know that some people still appreciate the paper guide, so we continue to print it.
It’s still always a good idea to refer to the Kane County Recycles website for the most updated information, especially after mid-year, because things do change!
How to Get Your Green Guide!
(1) Sign Up For Our E-mail List.
Sign up on the e-mail list to receive an electronic copy direct to your inbox upon publication each January. Note: If you sign up after the first of the year, you will not receive a copy until the following year when the guide comes out.
(2) Download a Printable PDF.
Download a copy here. Please refer to the website for the most updated information, especially after mid-year.
(3) Paper Copy Mailing List.
E-mail the Kane County recycling coordinator at email@example.com to get on the mailing list to receive a paper copy (or a number of copies) each year, mailed directly to your home or business. Include your full name, full address including your zip code, and let me know how many copies you would like each year.
(4) Pick Up a Paper Copy
You can get paper copies at:
- Public Locations Throughout the County. If you would like to be a pick up point for the guide, let Kane County Recycles know. KCR can deliver quantities to you directly.
- Recycling Events at 540 S Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174.
- Recycling Office located in the Kane County Government Center, Building A, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Geneva, IL 60134. First floor, south end of hall, Room # 109.