When was the last time that you walked into a room filled with exceptionally creative artwork made by high school students?
For more than 180 parents, students, educators, legislators, and community members that time was last week — on Thursday (Dec. 14, 2017) for the fourth Annual Kane County Student Photography Exhibition that was hosted by the Kane County Regional Office of Education.
The event was held at Water Street Studios in Batavia, and the space was generously donated by Austin Dempsey and Batavia Enterprises, with catering and music for the event provided by Batavia High School.
“The photo contest grew exponentially this year, and we’ve seen participation almost double when compared to last year with over 330 students participating,” commented Regional Superintendent Patricia Dal Santo. “This initiative to celebrate the fine arts in our schools wouldn’t have been possible without the time and coordination of our high school photography teachers.”
Of the 933 photos submitted throughout the 10-week contest, 100 were on display and 13 Kane County High schools were represented:
- Aurora Central Catholic High School
- Aurora Christian High School
- Bartlett High School
- Batavia High School
- Central High School
- Dundee-Crown High School
- East Aurora High School
- Geneva High School
- Hampshire High School
- Kaneland High School
- St. Charles North High School
- Edward Central Catholic High School
- West Aurora High School
View the 2017 Photo Contest Series!
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 1: Hampshire Junior Channels Picasso Cubism
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 2: ACC Has Us Looking To The Sky
- ROE’S Photo Contest Week 3: At St. Edward’s, Imagination Takes The Helm
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 4: Geneva Wayfarer Reaches Destination
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 5: ACC’s Phantom Sits Atop 10 Amazing Halloween Images
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 6: Stunning Batavia Image Puts Us in a Purple Haze
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 7: Burlington-Central Student Captures Optical Illusion
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 8: West Aurora Student Show ‘How To Create A Picture’
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 9: Kaneland Shines A Bright Light
- ROE’s Photo Contest Week 10: Dundee-Crown Student’s Image Materializes Before Your Eyes
About the Kane County Regional Office of Education
Led by Regional Superintendent of Schools Patricia Dal Santo, the Kane County ROE is located in Geneva and serves nine school districts. From teacher licensure assistance to professional development, the ROE’s mission is to advocate for education, provide leadership and perform regulatory functions. Learn more about the ROE’s offerings on Facebook, Twitter and by signing up for the semimonthly newsletter.