“A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.”
– Chinese Proverb
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
Flash is in the building!
OK, well, not the comic superhero that possess super speed and is able to time travel to other dimensions.
Our Flash is a parakeet, but similar to his namesake, he surely must have traveled miles and miles to arrive in Geneva in the hopes of finding a forever home. Perhaps he heard how extremely bird friendly the Kane County community is and that’s why he braved the many stormy days and nights to finally arrive at KCAC.
Flash is an extremely social parakeet who shows how happy and contented he is by tweeting and chirping his approval all day. It seems the busier the office is, the more he enjoys sharing his thoughts with the staff.
It would be a real plus for Flash to have one or more additional parakeets to interact with or at least an owner who wouldn’t mind a little conversation during the day.
Come share a few tweets with Flash! Flash’s adoption fee is $15.
Pitter, the overly energized kitten that came into KCAC with her sister, Patter, was adopted. Congratulations, Pitter, on finding your forever family. May your days be filled with freshly waxed floors, large windows, paper sacks and stuffed animals. You deserve nothing but the best!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The usual adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! It’s Time For Wonderful Trixie to Get Her Forever Home!
- POW! The Adventures of Izzy, Small Bundle of Canine Cuteness!
- POW! Take Home This Tasty Little Nacho!
- POW! Echo Is Just Waiting For Some Cuddle Sessions!
- POW! ‘P’ Is For Playful, ‘U’ Is For Undeniably Cute, ‘G’ Is For Great, and Duffy Is One Great Pug!
- POW! Snoop Dog Is in The House at Kane County Animal Control!
- POW! TGIF — Thank Goodness, It’s Friday! (And You Can Take Her Home)
- POW! Kiwi The Quaker Parrot Has Some Serious Dance Moves
- POW! Agnes Likes Cuddling With a Capital ‘C’
- POW! OMG, Who’s More Adorable: Pitter Or Patter?
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.