It’s a little hard to keep up with all the IDOT roadwork sprouting in Kane County recently.
In the past 10 days, the Illinois Department of Transportation has announced lane closures for IL Route 31 from Batavia to North Aurora and IL Route 25 from Route 72 to Bolz Road in Carpentersville, East Dundee and Barrington Hills.
This spring we saw the start of:
- U.S. 20 bridge repairs in Elgin
- U.S. 30/IL 56 resurfacing from County Line Road to I-88
- Construction of pedestrian ramps on Route 64, Route 31 and Route 25 in St. Charles and Batavia
- Similar pedestrian ramp work on llinois 47 in Elburn, U.S. 20 in Pingree Grove and in Elgin, Illinois 72 in Hampshire, Gilberts and West Dundee, Illinois 25 in East Dundee and McLean Boulevard in South Elgin.
The latest is a safety improvement project that will take place at various locations in Kane County. And again, the project includes construction of pedestrian ramps that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities.
Beginning this week, construction of new pedestrian ramps will begin at the following locations. Daily lane closures will be necessary when construction activities are taking place.
- Illinois 64 at Renaux Boulevard in St. Charles
- Illinois 64 at New Peck Road in St. Charles
- Illinois 64 at Kirk Road in St. Charles
- Illinois 31 at Timbers Trail in St. Charles
- Illinois 31 at Viewpointe Drive in St. Charles
- Illinois 31 at Kellar Place in St. Charles
- Illinois 25 at Webster Street in Batavia
- Illinois 25 at Adams Street in Batavia
- Illinois 25 at Laurel Street in Batavia
Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to flaggers and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits and be on the alert for workers and equipment.
Click here to find details on other construction projects in IDOT’s District 1. Updates on the impacts to traffic are available at www.travelmidwest.com.
SOURCE: IDOT news release
Other IDOT Projects in Kane County