Live in Blackberry, Burlington or Kaneville township in Kane County?
Want to know how much your property tax assessment is going to be this year?
Well, you’re in luck, because the 2017 assessment changes for property in Blackberry, Burlington, and Kaneville townships are being published tomorrow — Thursday, July 27, 2017. The Blackberry and Kaneville township assessment changes are being published in the Elburn Herald, and the Burlington Township assessment changes are being published in the Fox Valley Daily Herald.
You’ll also be able to find the assessments posted online, on the Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Office website.
After all revisions and corrections by the township assessors were applied, each non-farm property in Blackberry Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0271; each non-farm property in Burlington Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0628; and each non-farm property in Kaneville Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0978. Click here to learn more about equalization factors.
- Assessment complaints for property in these townships must be filed by Aug. 28, 2017; by state law, no assessment complaints for property in this township can be accepted after this date. Click here to learn more about how to file assessment complaints.
- To obtain assessment information about a property in these Townships, please call the Township Assessor’s office or visit the Township Assessor’s web site. Click here to find contact information for any township in Kane County.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
- As mentioned above, assessment changes in Blackberry, Burlington, and Kaneville townships are being published Thursday; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 28, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Dundee Township were published on July 25, 2017; the final filing deadline for this Township is Aug. 24, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Campton Township were published Thursday, July 20, 2017; the final filing deadlines for Campton Township is Aug. 21, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Sugar Grove and Virgil townships were published on July 13, 2017; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 14, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Hampshire and Plato townships were published on June 30; the final filing deadline for these townships is July 31, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Batavia and Big Rock townships were published on June 29; the final filing deadline for these townships is July 31, 2017.
- Assessment changes for Aurora, Elgin, Geneva, Rutland, and St. Charles townships have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these townships.
Assessment Complaint Webinars
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
Property Tax Quick Links